PARENTS

Breastfeeding Mother Accidentally Smothers Her Baby On A Plane

03/12/2009 09:35 | Updated 22 May 2015

A mother may have accidentally smothered her baby while breastfeeding on a plane, according to The Sun.

The mother is reported to have fallen asleep in business class whilst breastfeeding the four-week-old baby, which led to the child becoming accidentally smothered.

The mother, 29, and baby were on their way to Kuwait from Washington, D.C, and the flight had to stop at London Heathrow for an ambulance. Sadly, the baby was pronounced as dead at the nearby hospital.

Scotland Yard has confirmed that a flight was diverted on November 25th when it was reported that a baby was in distress, and that it had since died.

They have not at this point confirmed any details about the circumstances of the death.

Source: The Sun

Suggest a correction