Rules are very important. Mummy and daddy say so. We seem to have loads of rules in our house:
- Don't try to put a lead on the cat. She doesn't really like it.
- Try it you might like it. This always has something to to with vegetables that are green and make you want to sick them up.
- Brush your teeth after every meal. If you don't they will fall out and then you will look like grandad.
- Share sweets with friends even when you really really don't want to.
- Frogs don't belong in the bath. Or the toilet. Or in bed.
- Drums do belong in other people's houses. Trumpets too.
- Other children have violins.
- Don't try and suck the cats' tail up in the vacuum cleaner. She doesn't like that either.
- Never hide Playmobil in the oven.
- Use your manners. That means say please and thank you all the time.
Anyway, when I'm big I will have different rules:
- Vegetables must only be eaten by people who have been really naughty or bad. Or that Steven in Mr Lister's class.
- Everybody is allowed to eat ice cream. Except that Steven.
- Toys can live on the bedroom floor for as long as they want to.
- Bed time is only for when you are really really tired.
- Bath time is only for when you are really really dirty.
- You don't have to kiss Auntie Thingy with the hairy chin ever ever ever.
- You can fill up the fridge just with ice cream if you want to.
- Everybody gets a dog and a pony. And a tarantula.
- Ketchup is allowed with every meal. Except maybe ice cream.
- Ice cream can be eaten everyday. Chocolate too. And gummi bears.
Did I say about ice cream?
More:Is It Just Me?
Suggested For You
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements. Learn more