It's hard to get excited about upcoming camping and festivals when the weather is cold but let's try and use our imaginations because you never know, it might be a hot summer.
I know camping (and therefore staying at festivals) is a no-go for so many people. All of my friends turn their noses up but if you have a family there is nothing better. Your kids will love it and you.
So if you can put away any "I need flushing loos and my hairdryer" type thoughts have a look through our round-up of great festivals to go to this summer. Even if it rains (and it's always best to expect that) you will have a ball. And you'll be making wonderful memories that will still be cheering you up come the gloom of winter. I promise.
- Wychwood: July 4-6, this is billed as "a magical weekend of music and fun" at Cheltenham Racecourse and is said to be 'homely' and very family friendly. The line-up includes the Levellers, Happy Mondays and Seth Lakeman. There are three stages, comedy, films and workshops.
- Latitude: July 16-18 at Southwold in Suffolk. A festival that has something for everyone; cabaret, literature, poetry, comedy, ballet. Florence and the Machine is the headline act. Tickets via the official website are sold out but online ticket agents have some available.
- Womad: July 23-25 at Malmesbury, Wiltshire. This is a truely global festival which aims to "celebrate the world's many forms of music, arts and dance" and is family orientated.
- Camp Bestival: July 30 to August 1 at Lulworth Cove, Dorset, this is made for families. Madness, English National Ballet, Mr Tumble and Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall's River Cottage Cafe all feature.
- Big Chill: August 5-8 at Hertfordshire, the Big Chill's line-up this year features M.I.A., Massive Attack and Thom Yorke. There's also the Tate Modern and Lyn Barber.
- Vintage at Goodwood: 13-15 August in West Sussex. This is new festival is the brainchild of designers Wayne and Gerardine Hemingway and will be celebrating British cool from the 40's to the 80's through fashion and music.
More:Fun & Activities
Suggested For You
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements.Learn more