There's a common misconception that maxi dresses are only for the tall and slim. In fact, it's a fantastic shape for most body shapes, as it showcases most people's slimmest parts (the shoulders and arms) whilst gliding over tummies, legs and bums. A decent maxi dress can also give the illusion of height, which is useful for us vertically challenged girls.
For the past couple of years, we've seen a lot of maxi dresses around for maternity wear, probably thanks to celebrities like Nicole Richie who spent much of their pregnancy in them.
This high glamour option on the right is from Isabella Oliver for £169. The stunning colour will suit most skin tones, and the maxi dress is well proportioned to show off your brilliant bosom (a blessing of pregnancy) without swamping your figure.
A suitable option for events, but what if you just want a casual day dress? We've lined up five options for your perusal.
- Mono Maxi Dress, Top left, Mamas & Papas, £70
- Tye-dye Maxi Dress, Bottom left, Mamas & Papas, £70
- M2b Maxi Dress, Central image, Mothercare, £38
- ASOS MATERNITY Marco Maxi Dress, Top right, ASOS, £40
- Rebecca Maxi Dress, Bottom right, Isabella Oliver, £99