We're currently in the midst of London Fashion Week, when the top designers showcase the pieces they hope will sell like hot cakes in a few months time. So in the spirit of this annual fashion event, I've rounded up some of the most exciting kids clothing brands, with ranges that are affordable, practical and fashionable.
First up is Brights & Stripes. The young brand bucks the trend for dressing children as mini-adults (Katie Holmes and Katie Price, take note) with a range of fun and colourful outfits. The range has become so popular that it's now stocked in over 80 stockists, including Harvey Nichols.
The blue rainbow all-in-one on the right comes with contrasting yellow cuffs and fade resistant material for £18.99
The range also includes a selection of 'Magic Tee', a range of t-shirts that allow your children to interact with a webcam to make the design come alive. Pop the top on your child and then pop them in front of your webcam on the website. The website then animates parts of the tops, allowing your child to interact with different elements.
Here are six more brands to keep an eye on.
- This Navy, green grass and mint stripe Viking bodysuit (top left) by Danefae is £31.99. The rest of the collection follows the same trend for stripes and cute characters.
- The Spring Flower Hero Shirt (top middle) from Tulip and Nettle is £26, and comes from a collection of country vintage pieces.
- Step2wo stocks a variety of designer kids ranges, and this Alice in Wonderland dress (top right) is one of the highlights of the Vintage Kit range. It's priced at £64.
- Funky patterns are at the forefront of Polarn O Pyret's range. These Long-Johns (bottom left) are €18,90.
- Littlehorn is a range stocked by ASOS.com, and includes this Dunst Dress (bottom middle) for £29.
- Tutulegz have released a selection of leggings combined with tutus for kids that love to dress up. The hot pink and lime green octopus design (bottom right) is £32.99.