Founded by Henry Dimbleby (son of the famous foodie Jocelyn Dimbleby) and John Vincent the second cookbook from these boys reads like a glorious schoolboy romp through food heaven.
Leon book 2, Naturally Fast Food is packed full of anecdotes, beautiful photography (and stickers!) and so we've selected our favourite recipes to create a delicious three course meal, this is onion soup with a twist and is "a favourite recipe from the restaurants - very healthy, and great if you are feeling under par."
Feeds: 4 as a starter
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
4 large onions
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 heaped teaspoon turmeric
1 heaped teaspoon ground fenugreek
1 teaspoon dried mint
1 litre chicken or vegetable stock
1 cinnamon stick
1/2 a lemon
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Peel the onions and slice thinly. Put the onions into a large pan with the olive oil. Add some salt and pepper, cover the pan and cook gently for at least 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Add the turmeric, fenugreek and mint, and cook for another few minutes without the lid.
3. Add the stock and cinnamon stick, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for at least 20 minutes.
4. Add the juice of half a lemon and season with salt and pepper and serve. I like to leave the cinnamon stick in.
Add some chopped fresh mint and parsley at the end to liven things up.
- Apple adds a teaspoon of sugar for added sweetness but in the restuarant we leave this out!
Published by Conran Octopus Leon book 2, Naturally Fast Food is on sale September 6th and costs £20.
Suggested For You
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements.Learn more