Suggest a correction
In the wake of the Galliano scandal, the employees at the Dior atelier are applauded by the audience before the show. Photo: PA
From celeb spot to trend alerts, we've got our eyes peeled. Here are the highlights from Paris Fashion Week on Friday.
1. The Dior show. While I stop short of those fashion types who say that it was "like a funeral", there's no denying that this showing of Galliano's final collection for Dior was a little bit of fashion history. Fashion's obsession with the new means that speculations has been rife about who will replace him. Christian Lacroix? Hedi Slimane (the man who introduced the world to the skinny trouser via Dior Homme)? Or YSL's Stephano Pilati? Time will tell...
2. From the very sad busines of John Galliano to the very ridiculousness that is Christian Louboutin's trapeze. Located in his atelier, we were told in hushed tones by staff, that ONLY Mr Louboutin is allowed to use it. Shame, we wanted a go!
3. And on the subject on Mr Louboutin, seeing the shoe lasts used to create Audrey Hepburn's footwear was pretty special. Such tiny, elegant feet!
4. Drenched in glitter, and with a stellar celeb presence, Vivienne Westwood's blockbusting show was a the perfect feel-good way to end the day at fashion week.
5. The f-row foot tapping to the disco beats at Roland Mouret, Proof that even the po-faced fashion crowd can't resist 70s dancefloor classics.