An inquest has heard how an 11-month-old baby boy died after his mum left him alone in the water with his two-year-old brother.
Amy Denning left the bathroom to clean a changing mat, and when she returned just minutes later, baby Oliver was under the water.
The desperate mum rushed into the street with her lifeless baby shouting: 'He's dead, I've killed him.'
Mrs Denning frantically tried to revive her son in a neighbour's house. The baby was eventually taken to hospital where he spent a week on a ventilator before passing away.
The coroner, Christopher Dorries, recorded a case of accidental death, saying :'It's very clear to me Oliver's death was a tragic accident. Let's hope anybody else that hears this story might take the point, it was only a few inches of water, but plainly it was enough.'
Heartbroken Mrs Denning was supported by her husband at the inquest in Sheffield. She spoke afterwards to warn other parents of the dangers of leaving children unattended:
'When I walked out of the bathroom and left Oliver for just a couple of seconds to clean his changing mat, I never thought for a minute this would happen. Oliver was a warm and loving baby and the light of our lives. He brought joy to myself, my husband and our family. There is not a minute which goes by where I don't miss him with all my heart.'
'I would like other people to learn from what has happened to us.I would like to tell everyone never to leave a child in the bath, even for a second. I would hate this to happen to any other family.'
Has this terrible news made you re-think your bath-time routines?
More:Advice And Health
Suggested For You
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements.Learn more