Here's a delicious cookie recipe that's so easy your children may be able to make it themselves, with a little help. These Oaty Cookies are crispy on the outside and chewy in the centre, and the simple recipe is easily adaptable if you want to vary it depending on how you like your cookies.
This recipe was developed by Rachel's Organic in conjunction with Dorset Cereals (though you can substitute for another brand if you don't have those specific ingredients).
To find more recipes like this, go to the Rachel's Organic website. As well as links to recipes, you'll also find product information, a diary diet plan and the new mornings with love website, which aims to get families active in the mornings with lots of events from walking groups to theme parks.
Here's the recipe for Oaty Cookies:
•110g soft brown sugar
•100g caster sugar
•55g unsalted butter or margarine
•30g vegetable shortening
•115g Rachel's Pouring natural yogurt
•drop of vanilla extract
•125g plain flour
•2g bicarbonate of soda (approx half a teaspoon)
•100g Dorset Cereals tasty, toasted spelt, barley & oat flakes
Pre-heat the oven to 195°c/gas mark 5
Makes 18 biscuits
Preparation time 10 minutes Cooking time 10 minutes
1. Line or grease a baking sheet.
2. In a bowl cream together the sugars and fats until light and fluffy.
3. Stir in the yogurt and vanilla extract, mix well.
4. Add the flour and bicarbonate of soda and mix further until all the flour is incorporated.
5. Add the flakes.
6. Drop tablespoons of the mixture onto the prepared sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes until golden brown on the edges.
7. Leave to cool slightly before removing onto a wire cooling rack.
Try adding some chocolate chips for extra indulgence!
• Large mixing bowl
• Large baking sheet
• Wire cooling rack
Suggested For You
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements. Learn more