The Metropolitan Police have named and shamed rioters online as the number of those arrested following the disorder in London this month topped 2,000.
Scotland Yard said on Thursday 1,135 people had been charged and 2,006 people arrested, as they launched a new online gallery of convicted rioters and their sentences.
Police Commander Simon Foy said the images released by the Metropolitan police sent a “clear message”: "We have made these pictures available so that communities across London can see that those who took part in the appalling scenes which shocked us all have been brought to justice”.
He added: "The determination and dedication of officers from all parts of the Met have led to this important milestone but we are far from finished. The investigation into the widespread criminality we saw remains a major task on an unprecedented scale.
"We have got to this point with fantastic support from the public and I urge anyone with any information to come forward."
The announcement comes the day after police denied they were deliberately keeping riot suspects on remand.
Whilst the gallery may work as a deterrent, riot sentences have been questioned. One mother who was jailed for accepting a pair of stolen shorts in Manchester had her conviction overturned on appeal.
One man who was jailed for four years after being found guilty of attempting to incite riots on facebook is also planning to appeal.
Meanwhile Home Secretary Theresa May met with representatives from the social media industry on Thursday to discuss a response to the riots, after it emerged some people used messaging services to help incite unrest. But the Home Office said that the government had not sought "additional powers" to close down social media networks.
"The discussions looked at how law enforcement and the networks can build on the existing relationships and co-operation to prevent the networks being used for criminal behaviour", a spokesperson said.