Chantel, 31, had no idea why she was suffering from constant headaches, infections and flu-like symptoms until she coughed out the 2cm cue tip.
It was traced back to a freak accident she'd had in 1999, when the top of her mouth was speared by a pool cue when a friend gave her a hug in a pub. At the time, medics gave her painkillers but did not x-ray her mouth or head.
The tip emerged covered in the tissue that had grown over it in the time it had been embedded in her body.
Doctors say the had worked its way into her nasal passage after lodging in a sinus.
Recovering at home in Lincolnshire with her partner and three young children, after recent surgery to fully clear her nose and sinuses, Chantel told The Sun: "I never thought it was anything to do with the accident.
"In summer I'd write it off as hay fever or being pregnant or just feeling unwell. And in winter I just thought I had flu or a bad cold. It was always one side of my face. My nose was always running or blocked. It felt like a huge build-up of pressure and I could never understand it."
Consultant Mohamed Abbas-Ali, of Scunthorpe Hospital, told the paper: "It's not uncommon for tooth-filling amalgam to lodge in the sinus cavity but it is the first time I have heard of a pool cue tip."
Eek! What a crazy story!
Suggested For You
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements.Learn more