The wife of Wales' former first minister Rhodri Morgan fears she may have been a victim of phone hacking while her husband was in office.
Julie Morgan said she has been contacted by her mobile phone company about calls made to her phone during 2005 and 2006.
Mrs Morgan, who is now the Labour Assembly Member for Cardiff North, joins a growing list of public figures claiming their phones were hacked.
Among those who have already given evidence to the Leveson Inquiry into media ethics include actor Hugh Grant and author JK Rowling.
Mr Morgan said she met officers from the Metropolitan Police after being contacted by her phone company last July, and that investigations are ongoing into up to nine calls. The claims came to light after her husband made comments about phone hacking during a debate at Cardiff University on Thursday.
Former MP Mrs Morgan said: "I had a letter from my mobile phone company in the summer and they said they had been approached about my phone in 2005 to 2006.
"I have spoken to the Met quite a few times and went to a meeting in the half-term up in London with Rhodri. We went to their specialist police headquarters and spoke to them and they gave us dates when there had been calls from News International to my phone. They said it was six or nine calls.
"I don't personally have any recollection of talking to anybody from News International, but on the other hand this is five years later. But what the police said was that I was a potential victim. I was very shocked and very upset. I couldn't believe it."
A spokesman for the Met said it did not comment on individual cases.
And a spokeswoman for News International said: "We do not have any comment to make in regards to this specific claim, but we are fully co-operating with the police in regards to phone hacking."
Suggested For You
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements.Learn more