When it comes to getting your creative juices flowing, inspiration is key. So what when you're feeling decidedly uninspired?
From a best-selling novelist to Lady Gaga's costume designer, we asked the professionals who need to be creative on demand to find out how they get inspired when their ideas well has run dry.
Nick Williams, founder of The Inspired Entrepreneur, where he travels the world, alongside other 'inspiration entrepreneurs' giving inspirational speeches to others seeking inspirational advice.
Nick suggests the following tips on how and where to seek inspiration:
- Get to know your own personal wells of inspiration - the music, literature, people and places that uplift your heart and soul and generate your best ideas and thinking.
- Spend time at those wells - you need to invest time, energy and sometimes money in inspiration and filling up your wells and keeping your soul aloft.
- Recognise resistance - the things that truly inspire you often generate fear too so have the courage to move forward with the things that also hold the most fear. The greater the fear then usually the greater the creative energy and passion.
- Show up and keep taking baby steps - sometimes the smallest of actions gets us going and opens new doors of possibility.
- Act with less attachment to outcome - the more we are attached to particular outcomes the more we are likely to hold back or edit ourselves so free yourself just to do it anyway.
Top creatives reveal how they get inspired...
Suggested For You
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements.Learn more