The Apprentice candidates face their sixth task tonight - who will come good with the
After Duane's shock firing last week, the sixth task of the series sees the Apprentice candidates sent up to Edinburgh to concoct their own mobile food unit – sort of halfway between a good takeaway and a proper restaurant. Adam is holding the reins on Team Phoenix, while Jenna is at the helm of Sterling.
Some choice moments to look out for this week…
- Adam completely failing to avoid all clichés about Scottish cuisine: “Scottish people generally eat deep fried mars bars and deep fried food.”
- Adam reading up on all the research about high-quality ingredients, and opting instead to stir corned beef into his meatballs
- Nick Hewer’s horror: “The thought process that is running through Adam’s mind is cheap, cheap, cheap, cheap”.
- Adam remains confident: We’ll smash this to pieces.”
- Over on Sterling, Karren Brady notes: “Jenna’s beginning to panic. They’ve had a real lack of footfall.”
- Laura sure that the blame-spreading might have already begun: “I just feel Jenna’s already trying to point the finger in our direction, getting her excuses in early.”
- The moment Stephen, Katie and Azhar take to the streets in Italian-themed outfits. Last week saw Azhar cutting it on the dancefloor in headband and hotpants, now this. What gives?
- There's a bus tour blunder for Phoenix, it all goes a bit wrong, and Adam’s erstwhile confidence deserts him: “They’ve literally missed the bus on this and I’m gutted.”
Here are the candidates in action this week...