Rebekah Brooks did speak to David Cameron about the phone hacking scandal, Lord Justice Leveson heard on Friday.
Speaking at the inquiry, the former News of the World editor was asked by Robert Jay QC whether she had discussed the phone-hacking scandal with Mr Cameron between details emerging of pay-offs to victims in July 2009 and her resignation in 2011.
Brooks said: "I think on occasion and not very often. So maybe once or twice because the phone-hacking story was sort of a constant or it kept coming up.
"We would bring it up but in the most general terms ... Maybe in 2010 we had a more specific conversation about it."
Pressed for more information on the conversation, Brooks replied: "It was to do with the amount of civil cases coming in around 2010 and we had a conversation about that...
"It was a general discussion about, I think it had been in the news that day and I think I explained the story behind the news."
Asked whether Cameron's interest was related to the position of his then-spin doctor Andy Coulson, Brooks said: "No."
Earlier in the testimony, Brooks was asked about the failed bid by News Corporation into buying BskyB.
She said she was told about the Murdochs' BSkyB takeover bid before the announcement, possibly a "couple of months beforehand", but played no formal role in the transaction.
Asked if she discussed it with Cameron at a dinner in December 2010, she said it was mentioned because it was in the news after Business Secretary Vince Cable was reported promising to "declare war" on Murdoch.
She said she did not remember discussing it with Cameron at a mulled wine and mince pie party at her sister-in-law's house on Boxing Day 2010, and she was not sure if they even spoke that night.
Suggested For You
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements.Learn more