- Manchester residents are 9% more likely than the average UK web users to visit Facebook in a given month.
- 500 million hours are spent on Facebook in the UK every month, with an average session time of 22 minutes.
- 1.3 billion, is the number of times UK web users visit Facebook a month, making Facebook the second most visited website in the UK after Google.
- Facebook is the most searched-for website in UK. The term 'facebook' is the most popular search term typed into all search engines including Google, Yahoo! and Bing. Three of the top 10 most popular search terms online are Facebook related - facebook, facebook login and fb.
- One in every seven online page views in the UK is to a Facebook page. The social network accounted for 14% of all UK internet page views in April 2012.
- Facebook is by far the most popular social network in the UK, accounting for 50% of all visits to social networks. It is twice the size of YouTube and 17 times bigger than Twitter in terms of visits from UK Internet users.
- 40 million UK internet visits every single day land on Facebook.
- Facebook is the second biggest source of web traffic in the UK after Google. 7% of all visits to a website came from Facebook in April 2012.
- 1 Facebook fan = 20 additional visits to company websites, according to Hitwise data.
- 25% of all visits leaving Facebook go straight to an entertainment website.
MORE FACEBOOK IPO NEWS
Ten Amazing Facts About Facebook
$100bn Website Dreamed Up By Mark Zuckerberg In Harvard University Dorm
Facebook Shares To Sell At £24 Today
Mark Zuckerberg Set To Make £523 Million In Facebook IPO
SUBSCRIBE TO & FOLLOW UK DAILY BRIEF