There’s no accounting for taste, so they say. And that could certainly be said of Maxim’s Hot 100 list .
The 2012 compilation is topped, quite understandably by Israeli uber-model Bar Refaeli, and is littered with the usual shoe-ins, such as Katy Perry, Scarlett Johansson, Christina Hendricks, Rihanna and Megan Fox.
Some of the more curious names in the list are Amanda Knox, the American who was cleared on appeal of the murder of British student Meredith Kercher in Italy, and Pippa Middleton, whose buttocks and tenuous royal connections alone have propelled her to fame.
Cartoon mom Lois Griffin of Family Guy fame also makes the prestigious list, which was compiled by votes from the magazine’s readers. (Er, whatever floats your boat, guys).
Scroll down for pictures of girls (and the guy) who made it into Maxim's Hot 100
- Amanda Knox Signs Book Deal With HarperCollins
- Pippa Middleton Gun Drama: Royal-In-Law Filmed Partying With Dwarves, Strippers And Sex Toys
- Christina Hendricks Topless: Mad Men Actress Admits Phone Was Hacked But Denies Picture Is Her (PICTURES)
- Charlize Theron Nude: Snow White And The Huntsman Trailer (VIDEO)
- Scarlett Johansson Nude Photos: Hacker Christopher Chaney Faces 60 Years In Jail (PICTURES)
- Rihanna Topless, In A Bikini And Swimming With Sharks: Singer Shares Intimate Holiday Snaps (PICTURES)
A further wildcard entry comes in the shape of the distinctly male Stephen Colbert.
An explanation reads: “Democracy isn't always pretty: Sometimes it's downright handsome. With a massive write-in vote campaign, the Colbert Nation proved they're not only loyal but also incredibly horny.”
We like to think Colbert's cause was helped by the fact that our own Arianna Huffington recently bestowed upon Colbert the title of "Honorary Woman."
Trumpeting its gallery of nearly all girls, the magazine writes: “Our fellow Americans: As we're reminded every four years, democracy is the cornerstone upon which our great land is built.
“That's why this year, for the first time in Hot 100 history, we let you, the readers of Maxim, weigh in on who should comprise the definitive list of the world's most beautiful women.
"From movie stars to murder suspects to a cartoon, here are the sexy results. God bless America!”
What do you make of this list? View it in full here.
Suggested For You
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements.Learn more