And then there were seven.
As the list of candidates competing to be Lord Sugar's Apprentice, so the tasks get harder. Tonight's challenge is a very 21st century one - to find the most profitable daily deals to go on one of those specialist websites, catering to people looking for big bargains. The best will sit online for 24 hours, and the candidates will keep the profits, but it's a back-breaking task in comparison with bottling some nice Mediterranean sauces and cooking up some snags for a football crowd. Luxury is key here, and the wheat is most definitely being sorted from the chaff.
Some choice moments in this week's episode...
Stephen as Sterling's team leader, deciding how to handle Gabrielle - "keep her on a tight leash".
- Ricky's optimism when he sets off for his first appointment of the day - and some scallop tasting.
- Ricky half an hour later - "I'm very frustrated by that meeting, in honesty it was a bit of a waste of time. But I've learnt of lot of lessons" and eaten lots of scallops.
- Karren Brady's uncertainty that Gabrielle is on the right track sourcing a fish spa for pedicures - "even the owner was unsure."
- Stephen is more concise - "It feels horrible."
- Ricky rocking up happily to his next restaurant for another appointment - and more scallops.
- Phoenix team leader Jade's optimism that they scored a big win - "that was worth spending the time over, because that was an amazing deal."
- Chef Marcus Wareing's shock at Jade and Nick's befuddled goings-on with a calculator when they call on him, but can't figure it out - Marcus exclaims that he "can't run a business like this".
- Ricky's face at his third restaurant of the day and is offered a taster of the menu - guess what?
The Apprentice continues tonight at 9pm, BBC1. Some pictures here...
Suggested For You
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements. Learn more