Three-Year-Old In Hospital After Fire Is Started In A PUSHCHAIR

17/07/2012 13:17 | Updated 22 May 2015
Three-year-old in hospital after fire is started in a PUSHCHAIRPA

A three-year-old girl and two adults were taken to hospital after a fire was deliberately started in a PUSHCHAIR.

The toddler was rescued by firefighters on a turntable ladder from a smoke-filled flat in Edinburgh.

It wasn't clear whether the child was in the buggy at the time.

Lothian and Borders Fire and Rescue said a fire was started deliberately in the pushchair, which was in a stairwell, and "thick black smoke" filled the building.

A man and a woman, both 35, were led to safety by officers through the building, PA reported.

They and the little girl were taken to Edinburgh Royal Infirmary for treatment for smoke inhalation.

Suggest a correction