And the most talked-about Team GB athlete of the Olympics was...
According to stats released by Twitter on Monday, Daley (@TomDaley1994) topped the list of British athletes discussed on the social media site with more than one million tweets.
More than 150 million tweets were sent about the Olympics overall, making it one of the most talked about events in Twitter's history.
Overall the most-discussed athlete was Usain Bolt, with Michael Phelps a close second.
Daley was third, while US swimmer Ryan Lochte was the fourth most-discussed.
Sunday's closing ceremony was also a big draw - and Twitter says the Spice Girls reunion was the most talked about element, with more than 116,000 tweets per minutes (more than Mo Farah's gold medal wins).
The biggest moments of the Olympics in tweets per minute were:
- Usain Bolt wins gold in the 200m sprint: 80,000+ TPM
- Bolt wins gold in the 100m sprint: 74,000+ TPM
- Andy Murray wins gold in the men's tennis singles: 57,000+ TPM
- Jamaica wins gold and sets the world record in the men's 4x100 relay: 52,000+ TPM
- Team USA beats Spain to win gold in men's basketball: 41,000+ TPM
And the biggest sport overall was football, generating about five million tweets in total.