Fulham have filed a complaint to the Premier League over Liverpool's pursuit of striker Clint Dempsey.
But the Whites' complaint was in fact registered in July and discussed at a meeting of the Premier League board.
Dempsey has since been omitted from the Cottagers' squad for the second consecutive week after he informed the club he wanted to move to Merseyside.
Former MLS star Dempsey was fined for refusing to play in the 5-0 win at home to Norwich and manager Martin Jol, speaking to the club website, maintained no offer from the Reds had been forthcoming in the six days since it was revealed the American would miss the season opener.
"He [Dempsey] told me 'you know what I want to happen' and at that time it was to go to Liverpool," Jol explained.
"I told our people that we had to listen to other clubs, but there was no other club. There have been no firm offers for Clint," the Dutchman added.
Dempsey, 29, excelled for the Whites last season as he scored 23 goals in 46 appearances. However he has only a year left on his contract and his lack of commitment had made Jol keen to offload him before the transfer window closes on 31 August.
Fulham travel to Manchester United on Saturday, seeking a first win at Old Trafford since 2003.