Party like it's 2011: Boris Johnson enjoys the company of carnival dancers
If you're headed for the Notting Hill Carnival this bank holiday weekend we want you to have the most fun possible.
So we've collated a list of must-read websites before you go - giving you the most up-to-date information on travel options, live music, parties and food.
- The Notting Hill Carnival official website should be your first port of call for information on what, when and where.
- ...and you can get some extra tips on how to get the best out of the rapidly expanding event from Visit London's website here.
- Have a misty-eyed flick through these snaps by the carnival's official photographer Timothy N Holt, who has been snapping the celebration for the last ten years.
- Some events run on until the wee hours. Make sure you've checked the travel routes and don't get stranded.
- Cut a rug after ogling at the dancers with the Evening Standard's party guide.
- Know where the loos are? You should do, and you can with this guide.
- BBC 1xtra will be at the scene covering all things musical.
So, have fun, stay safe and pack a brolly just in case. (Just picture us as your collective mum, licking a tissue and wiping your face before sending you on your merry way.)