These super-macho burgers contain a fantastic surprise - instead of the bacon and cheese topping being on top of the burger, it's on the inside. When you bite into it, the cheese and bacon ooze out. They really are quite sensational.
Makes 2 man-sized burgers
500g steak mince
100g strong cheddar cheese, grated
4 rashers smoked bacon, cooked and chopped
1 tbsp vegetable or sunflower oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the mustard-mayo potato salad...
300g baby new potatoes, unpeeled and boiled in salted water for 15 mins
2 spring onions, white part only, sliced
2 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp salt
1. Cook the bacon in a frying pan, approx. 6-7 mins, and grate the cheddar. Set aside.
2. Line two ramekins with cling flim. Divide the mince into four portions. Pack one portion down into the lined ramekin, and repeat with the other. Add a layer of cheese, then bacon, then pack another portion of mince on top so that the bacon and cheese are completely encased.
3. Shape into a patty and wrap tightly in the clingfilm.
4. Heat a large frying pan. Oil the burgers and season with salt and pepper.
5. Unwrap the burgers and fry for around 5 mins each side, flipping regularly, until they are seared and brown.
6. Serve with buns and a slice of beefsteak tomato, the potato salad and green salad.
Suggested For You
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements.Learn more