Do you hear that shimmer of guarded excitement on Twitter today? Did the bespectacled hipster on your commute seem unusually chipper? Did you iPhone's battery just suspiciously fall apart in your hands?
That's because today is Apple Day - when the Cupertino, California, company reveals its latest and greatest iPhone.
Apple's event takes place in San Francisco at 6pm UK time, and HuffPost UK will be on hand to report every new device as it's released - and hopefully get to play with one.
Among the expected announcements are a new iPhone and updates on iOS 6, the next-generation of Apple's mobile operating system.
Possible surprises include a smaller iPad 'Mini', new Apple TV updates, a new iPod Touch and - there's always hope - 'one more thing' that nobody expected.
Leaks of the new devices have been hitting the internet almost daily for about the last three months, with every blurry photo and supposed 'factory leak' leading to speculation that the new iPhone will be - outwardly at least - very similar to the old one.
Here's the checklist of iPhone 5 features that may or may not be announced:
- A larger screen - both physically (about 4-Inches?) and in terms of resolution (longer by about one row of home screen icons)
- A two-tone, lighter design with a studier, aluminium back
- 4G LTE data connection - handy since the UK just got its first 4G network
- A better camera (as ever)
- Faster processor
- Better battery
- redesigned, smaller dock connector
- Updates to Siri, Apple's voice assistant feature
And here are a few we'll just throw into the mix, with no basis in fact at all:
- Near-field communications (NFC) for touch payments
- Touch-sensitive backplate
- Wireless charging
- Bluetooth-enabled iWatch
- ... Jetpack?
Whatever happens make sure to check back here later for all the details, pictures and hands-on previews of the new devices.
Suggested For You
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements.Learn more