Chelsea captain John Terry has said he's "disappointed" after being found guilty of misconduct following an incident involving Anton Ferdinand during a match last October.
Terry, who retired from international football on Sunday, has been fined £220,000 by the FA and handed a four-match ban over the incident.
The incident occurred in a Chelsea-QPR game last year
Earlier this year Terry was acquitted of racially abusing Ferdinand at Westminster Magistrates' Court but the FA said at the time it would look into delivering an internal punishment.
An independent commission found that Terry was guilty of "using abusive and/or insulting words and/or behaviour towards Queens Park Rangers’ Anton Ferdinand and which included a reference to colour and/or race," and has banned him from all domestic first team football for four games in addition to the fine.
Terry, leaving the FA headquarters at Wembley on Thursday
A statement from Terry's management read: "Terry is disappointed that the FA Regulatory Commission has reached a different conclusion to the clear not guilty verdict of a court of law."
"He has asked for the detailed written reasons of the decision and will consider them carefully before deciding whether to lodge an appeal," it continued.