Look at the lovely fireworks display that went off in Oxgangs Brae, Edinburgh last night! Isn't it pretty watching the bangers and.... OH MY WORD WHAT IN GOD'S NAME IS HAPPENING?!
Yes, Pentland Community Centre continued what is fast becoming a fine Scottish tradition last night, when £2,000-worth of rockets accidentally went off at once during its Guy Fawkes night fireworks display, reports The BBC.
The resulting - unintentionally spectacular - deluge of son et lumière has led to the Community Centre posting the following apology on its website:
"The Management Committee of PCC would like to express our sincere apologies for any upset caused following the unfortunate incident at our annual firework display on Monday evening.
One of the rockets misfired towards the end of the display, and ricocheted into the remaining undetonated fireworks, setting them off all at once. This was a freak accident, and most regrettable, but this is the first incident we have had in 10 years of holding this popular community event, and we extend our apologies to everyone who was alarmed.
We will be reviewing our safety protocols, but it must be stressed that this is a well organised event, approved by the City of Edinburgh Council and the emergency services, and it is a fact of life that sometimes unforeseen things happen, despite the best of planning and precaution.
Pentland Community Centre Management Committee"
Well, indeed, Chairperson. It is indeed a fact of life that sometimes unforeseen things happen. Just take a little look at this lot, for example:
There were some minor injuries during this accident, but fortunately, nothing life-threatening. Although we're pretty sure this fireworks company won't be hired again.
Rapid Fire Fireworks
Ok, this one is actually more of an epic win.
Roman candle showdown
Simple but effective
Tough talking kid gets pranked
This is why you don't stand above fireworks