Jay-Z is 43 today. What's he got to celebrate from the past 12 months?
Jay-Z with his new-born daughter Ivy Blue Carter in January this year
- Having a baby girl with his superstar wife Beyonce
- Enrolling her in the record books as the youngest ever artist on the Billboard Chart after he added her two-day-old vocals to the track 'Glory'
- Gaining new fans with his performance at the closing ceremony of the London Paralympics alongside Rihanna and Coldplay
- Helping his pal Barack Obama make his way back into the White House
- Generally adding to his reported500 million fortune as rapper, fashion behemoth and all-round culture mogul
Hmmm, it's enough to make your average musical superstar feel inadequate. Happy 43rd, Mr -Z, may your 44th year bring you equal plenitudes. And to mark the day, here are ten of your best..
Suggested For You
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements.Learn more