Imagine the pressure Adele, the unassuming star from Tottenham, North London, was under as she turned up at the Oscars hoping to win the first golden statue for a James Bond film in 47 years.
Not only was she nominated for an Academy Award, but she also had the added task of performing her 007 theme 'Skyfall' live for the first time in front of a global audience of over 40 million people.
And then there's the fact that she's recently had a baby and is well aware that all the women's magazines will be watching her weight.
On hand to make sure Adele felt every inch the Hollywood star under the scrutiny of hundreds of flashing cameras - armed with a rather large make-up bag - was her trusted hair and make-up artist Michael Ashton.
Here he reveals how he created her flawless look for the 2013 Oscars red carpet...
For Adele's Academy Award visage, I created a modern take on a classic look, focusing on her flawless complexion and high-volume lashes.
Giorgio Armani Maestro Fusion Makeup in #4; Lancôme Teint Miracle Instant Retouch Pen in #2; Smashbox Contour Powder; Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Powder in #4.
Create a luminous complexion by massaging Giorgio Armani Maestro Fusion Makeup into the skin. Add a sheer veil of Lancôme Teint Miracle Instant Retouch Pen near the inner tear ducts of the eye and high planes of the face. Use a large, soft powder brush to dust the T-zone with Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Powder.
Giorgio Armani Brow Defining Pencil in #3; Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Quad in #6; Maybelline Studio Gel Eye Liner in Black; Lancôme Hypnôse Mascara.
According to Michael, beautiful brows can make any eye. Brush them into place using clear brow gel and then using feather strokes, fill and define with Giorgio Armani Brow Defining Pencil. Create a sultry eye by highlighting and contouring the socket with Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Quad #6. Then extend the eye line with Maybelline Gel Liner and pump up the lashes with Lancôme Hypnôse Mascara.
Giorgio Armani Lip Liner in #12; Giorgio Armani Lip Maestro in #500; Sisley Lip Gloss in White Diamond.
For decorated but understated lips, fill with Giorgio Armani Lip Liner #12. Finger press Giorgio Armani Lip Maestro #500 onto the lips and finish by adding a touch of Sisley White Diamond Gloss.
John Frieda Luxurious Volume Blow Out Spray; John Frieda Luxurious Volume Hairspray
1. Start by thoroughly prepping the hair. Towel dry from wet, removing excess moisture before working through John Frieda Luxurious Volume Blow Out Spray on mid-lengths and ends.
2. Flip the hair over with your head between your knees, blasting hot air down the hair shaft whilst finger drying - creating instant lift at your roots and thickness through the rest of your hair.
3. Once the hair is almost 80 per cent dry, flip your hair back over and take large sections, smoothing them with a medium sized round brush. Pay particular attention to the ends to ensure they are bouncy and luscious.
4. Next, section the hair into quarters - from ear to ear and then front to back – and using a medium-large sized hot tong take each section, spritzing with John Frieda Frizz-Ease Heat Defeat for added protection, and work it onto the barrel until the section is heated through. This will give hair a loose bend and in turn, a contemporary and feminine texture.
5. Continue for the remaining three sections, ensuring that as you have finished curling each section you pin it in a barrel curl using a sectioning clip while it cools and sets.
6. After 5-10 minutes, remove the sectioning clips, gentle tousle the hair before brushing and pinning into place then set and add the final polish using John Frieda Luxurious Volume Hairspray.
- Complete List Of Oscars Winners
- Oscars 2013: Full Red Carpet (PICS)
- Oscars 2013: Best And Worst Dressed - YOU Decide! (PICS)
- All The Oscars Performances (PICS)
- Daniel Day-Lewis Makes Oscars History By Scooping Third Trophy At 2013 Academy Awards (PICTURES, VIDEO)
- Adele Holds Back Tears As She Wins An Oscar For 'Skyfall'
- WATCH: Adele Makes Live Comeback Performance With 'Skyfall'
- Adele's Make-Up Artist Tells Us How He Created Her Oscars Look
- Adele Wears Black Shocker (PICS)
- Ben Affleck Emotional After 'Argo' Takes Best Picture
- Best Actress Jennifer Lawrence Embarrassed By Trip On Way To Stage
- Jennifer Lawrence Gives The Middle Finger In Academy Awards Press Room
- Kristen Stewart Arrives On Crutches Due To 'Unexplained Injury' (PICS)
- Jessica Chastain Dazzles In Armani On Red Carpet Of 85th Academy Awards (PICS)
- Oscars 2013: The After Parties (PICS)
- Kim Kardashian Cradles Her Growing Baby Bump At Elton John's Party
- Britney Spears Debuts Sleek New Brunette Hair At Elton John's Party
- Heidi Klum Takes The Plunge In Revealing Dress
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Stars Nina Dobrev, Ian Somerhalder And Paul Wesley At Elton John's Party (PICTURES)
- Host Seth MacFarlane Blasted By Reviewers And Twitter
- The Oscars In (Funny) Pictures
HuffPost Lifestyle is a daily newsletter that will make you happier and healthier — one email at a time. Learn more