UK

Boston Marathon Bombing: Boston Police Deny Claims Of Arrest By US Media

17/04/2013 18:53 BST | Updated 17/06/2013 10:12 BST

Boston police have denied reports by some US media outlets that a suspect has been arrested over the marathon bombings, which killed three people and injured another 150.

CNN and the Boston Globe reported that an unidentified law enforcement official said an arrest had been made on the basis of a person caught on tape in two videos.

The Associated Press said an arrest in the case was "imminent".

But a Boston Police said there had been no arrests.

boston boming terrorism bomb

Three people were killed in Monday's attack

NBC and CBS also reported they were not aware of any arrests over the case.

Reports came hours after the FBI said it was examining images of a grey and orange bag pictured on the Boston Marathon route where the second bomb was detonated.

The images, taken by a member of the public, were submitted to NBC station WHDH and have been passed to the authorities for review.

The blasts killed 23-year-old Boston University graduate Lu Lingzi, eight-year-old Martin Richard and 29-year-old Krystle Campbell.

SEE ALSO: 'No More Hurting People, Peace' - Handmade Poster By Boston Marathon Bombings Victim, Martin Richard, 8