To celebrate the release of Baz Luhrmann’s 'THE GREAT GATSBY' in cinemas in both 2D and spectacular 3D on 16 May we’ve got a sneak peek at this fantastic exclusive still and are offering one lucky reader the chance to win an eReader.
To be in with a chance of this fabulous prize, simply hop over to the HuffPost UK Entertainment Facebook page
The competition closes on 27 May 2013 at 12pm.
Please ensure you have read the terms and conditions before entering.
For everything 'THE GREAT GATSBY' and for your chance to win a trip to New York visit the official Facebook page.
THE GREAT GATSBY is in cinemas 16 May.
© 2013 WARNER BROS. ENT. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
From the uniquely imaginative mind of writer/producer/director Baz Luhrmann comes the new big screen adaptation of F. Scott Fitzgerald’s novel "The Great Gatsby". The filmmaker will create his own distinctive visual interpretation of the classic story, ringing the period to life in a way that has never been seen before, in a film starring Leonardo DiCaprio in the title role.
“The Great Gatsby” follows Fitzgerald-like, would-be writer Nick Carraway as he leaves the Midwest and comes to New York City in the spring of 1922, an era of loosening morals, glittering jazz, bootleg kings, and sky-rocketing stocks. Chasing his own American Dream, Nick lands next door to a mysterious, party-giving millionaire, Jay Gatsby, and across the bay from his cousin, Daisy, and her philandering, blue-blooded husband, Tom Buchanan. It is thus that Nick is drawn into the captivating world of the super rich, their illusions, loves and deceits. As Nick bears witness, within and without of the world he inhabits, he pens a tale of impossible love, incorruptible dreams and high-octane tragedy, and holds a mirror to our own modern times and struggles.
Academy Award® nominee DiCaprio (“J. Edgar,” “Aviator”) plays Jay Gatsby, with Tobey Maguire starring as Nick Carraway; Oscar® nominee Carey Mulligan (“An Education”) and Joel Edgerton as Daisy and Tom Buchanan; Isla Fisher and Jason Clarke as Myrtle and George Wilson; and newcomer Elizabeth Debicki as Jordan Baker. Indian film legend Amitabh Bachchan will play the role of Meyer Wolfsheim.
Oscar® nominee Luhrmann (“Moulin Rouge!”) directs the film in 3D from a screenplay co-written with frequent collaborator Craig Pearce, based on Fitzgerald’s book. Luhrmann produces, along with Catherine Martin, Academy Award® winner Douglas Wick (“Gladiator”), Lucy Fisher and Catherine Knapman. The executive producers are Academy Award® winner Barrie M. Osborne (“Lord of the Rings – Return of the King”) and Bruce Berman.
Two-time Academy Award®-winning production and costume designer Catherine Martin (“Moulin Rouge!”) designs as well as produces. The editors are Matt Villa, Jason Ballantine and Jonathan Redmond, and the director of photography is Simon Duggan. The music is by Craig Armstrong.
Warner Bros. Pictures presents, in association with Village Roadshow Pictures, in association with A&E Television, a Bazmark/Red Wagon Entertainment Production, a Film by Baz Luhrmann, “The Great Gatsby.” Opening Summer 2013, the film will be distributed in IMAX® 3D, 3D and 2D by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, and in select territories by Village Roadshow Pictures.
By entering this prize promotion, you accept and agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions:
• The prize promotion is open to all UK residents (excluding Northern Ireland) aged 18 years or over except employees (and their families) of any affiliates or subsidiary companies, as well as representatives or agents of AOL and anyone else who may be involved or connected with the prize promotion. Any entries submitted by agents or third parties will be invalid and will not be accepted by the Promoter.
• You may enter this prize promotion by entering your details and submitting your entry via the competition page on Facebook
• There will be one main winner who will receive a Kindle Fire HD.
• In the unlikely event the prize style has discontinued a similar model to the same value will be provided.
• Postage is included in the prize
• Additional expenses not covered by the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner
• The prize promotion closing date is 27 May 2013 at 12pm (the "Closing Date") and any entries received after the Closing Date will not be accepted by the Promoter.
• The winning entry will be selected at random on 27 May 2013. The winner will be notified by via email within 3 days. To contact you we will use the contact details supplied by you when entering the prize promotion.
• If you are notified of a winning entry, you must confirm acceptance by email to claim your prize. If you do not reply to confirm acceptance within 3 days of being notified as a winner, we may offer your prize to someone else.
• Winners details will be passed onto a third party provider for delivery.
• The prize will be delivered to the winner within 28 days of confirmation of delivery address.
• Only one entry per person is permitted.
• Submission of entries will not constitute proof of receipt and no responsibility will be accepted by the Promoter for entries or acceptances which the Promoter does not receive. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or corruption of data in transit. No responsibility will be accepted for entries or acceptances which are lost, delayed or damaged in the post or elsewhere. Illegible, incomplete, late or defaced entries will be disqualified.
• The prize must be taken as offered. No cash equivalent or other alternative prize are available in whole or in part except as provided for in these terms and conditions.
• The prize is non-transferable. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute prize of an equivalent value should the prize become unavailable for any reason. If any winner is not able for whatever reason to accept the prize, then the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to another participant.
• The Winners names and locations can be obtained by sending a SAE to the Promoter after 30th May 2013.
• The winner(s) agree to participate in any publicity or other such promotional activities which the Promoter may reasonably require in connection with the prize promotion and the Promoter shall have the right to use each winner's name, likeness, image, voice and biographical information for advertising and promotional purposes in connection with the prize promotion in all media without further notice and without the need to make any payment to any winner for such use.
• The decision of the Promoter is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the outcome of the prize promotion.
• No purchase is necessary to enter this prize promotion.
• Promoter and Prize promoter: AOL (UK) Limited, Shropshire House, 11-20 Capper St, London, WC1E 6JA.Suggest a correction