What's the only thing better than Lego? Giant things made of Lego.
And what's the only thing better than that? Giant things made out of giant pieces of Lego, each made out of Lego.
That's exactly that the Danish toy company has unveiled in Times Square, New York, to 'celebrate' the launch of the new TV series 'The Yoda Chronicles'.
The massive model is a full-scale Lego X-Wing Starfighter from the movie Star Wars. But instead of just building a big spaceship, they built a big version of their own Lego toy of the spaceship.
Each piece of the original 500-piece kit has remade in Lego, and used to build the replica. Gizmodo have some exceptionally good pictures of the build.
Here are some facts about the build:
- Contains 5,335,200 LEGO bricks
- Weighs 45,980 pounds/20,865 kilograms
- Height: 11 feet / 3.35 meters
- Length: 43 feet / 13.1 meters
- Wingspan: 44 feet / 13.44 meters
- 32 builders spent 17,336 hours to construct - about 4 months
Suggested For You
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements. Learn more