This is a simple, quick pasta recipe.
It feeds 3-4, uses that cupboard staple, dried spaghetti, and can easily be made vegan if you're following a dairy/egg/meat-free diet like me. If you're not veggie, you could add some chicken breast for extra protein.
The asparagus and garlic add a distinctive, full flavour that contrasts well with the sharp, sweet tomatoes.
You will need:
10 frozen asparagus spears
6 cloves of garlic
1tbsp olive oil
Pinch rock salt
3 vine tomatoes
2 tbsp butter (or vegan margarine, as I used)
A few sprigs of fresh basil
What to do:
1. Put the pasta on to boil.
2. Peel the garlic and chop into 1mm slices. Chop the tomatoes into quarters.
3. Warm the oil in a large frying pan and fry asparagus for just 60 seconds on high.
4. Toss in the tomatoes, garlic and half a cup of the pasta water, season well and bring to the boil for a couple of minutes.
5. Lift the al dente spaghetti out of the water and into the frying pan.
6. Add the butter/margarine and boil briefly until the liquid has absorbed and evaporated
7. Serve and top with more freshly milled pepper and a little fresh basil
It's a really fresh, satisfying meal – I hope you try it.
Emily is a working mum of two with a passion for food and photography, and an addiction to taking up new hobbies.
Blogs at: A mummy too
Suggested For You
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements. Learn more