June is crunch time for summer dieters. You've just a few more weeks to allow those pounds to melt away before the big holiday.
So, if you're eager to pour a slightly slimmer you into that bikini, be inspired by Jacqueline Whitehart, author of The 5:2 Diet Recipe Book, which has been at the top of the Amazon Kindle and physical charts since its release in January.
Whitehart has lost more than 14lbs since she started following her own advice. And now she's released a follow-up book, which aims to have you ready for the beach in one month.
According to the mantra of the 5:2 diet, first featured in a BBC Two Horizon documentary by health journalist Dr Michael Mosley, you need only diet two days a week to lose weight.
But don't just believe the hype. HuffPost UK Lifestyle asked Jacqueline Whitehart what happened when she tried the diet.
- How quickly did you begin to get results while going on the diet?
- How much weight did you lose and in what time?
- Do you instantly regain weight after you stop doing it?
- How do you cope with fatigue/hunger on the days you're not eating a healthy dose of calories?
- Why does this diet have such mass appeal?
"I think it's very different to other diets – you only have to watch your calories 2 days out of 7. And it works!"
Here are some exclusive 5:2 recipes to try out for yourself