Is there anything Zooey Deschanel can't do? Not only is she an award-winning actress, she can sing, play the piano AND the ukulele and now it seems she's got some ball skills too.
The 33-year-old was papped playing the field on the set of her TV series The New Girl, and aside from looking prim and preppy in a sailor-style Kate Spade blouse and mega-short shorts, Zooey proved she's a dab hand with a (American) football.
If you haven't clocked on to the FACT that Zooey is one cool as a cucumber chick yet then; one, you've clearly been living in a cave and two, see below...
1. She can name Kate Hudson and Jake Gyllenhaal amongst her high school classmates - cool.
2. She used to be part of a cabaret group called If All the Stars Were Pretty Babies - so cool.
3. She is named after Zooey in J.D. Salinger's Franny and Zooey - way cool.
4. She sings in an indie pop duo, She & Him. They sing the theme song for her sitcom - pretty cool.
5. Her dad, Caleb, is an Oscar-winning cinematographer, and her mum, Mary Jo, is an actress - relative-ly cool.
6. She hates going places where ALL you do is relax - cool, screw the spa.
7. She wouldn't give her children weird names because of how kids can be at school - cool mother.
8. She hasn't always been style savvy, but we love her for it...