Aussie beauty Gemma Ward is rumoured to be making a comeback to the catwalk. The supermodel-turned-actress was a runway regular until 2008 when she decided to quit fashion and pursue film. But now the 25-year-old is said to planning her second coming.
Here are the five need-to-know facts on the ex-covergirl:
1. She dated the late Heath Ledger. Ward was interviewed by Australia's Sunday Magazine in 2011 and said that the two had "developed a relationship and we started seeing each other."
2. She appeared, briefly, on reality television show Search for a Supermodel which kickstarted her hot career.
3. She starred in a play called The Ugly One in her home town Perth, Australia in 2011.
4. Better yet, she was the mermaid in Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides alongside Johnny Depp.
5. The industry is right behind her return to modelling. Since rumours of her comeback surfaced, the sartorial set has been posting tweets - a la W Magazine's fashion and style director, Edward Enninful - urging her to hotfoot it to the catwalk.
I wish GEMMA WARD was still modelling xoxo- WMag Edward Enninful (@EdwardEnninful) December 10, 2012
Intrigued? We've got a sneaky suspicion we'll be seeing much more of Gemma this year. We'll keep you posted...
Take a look through our gallery of gorgeous January cover girls below: