The 60th anniversary celebration of Queen Elizabeth II's coronation is this week and let's be honest, it takes a strong woman to head up the Royal Family for six decades. Here's five wise quotes from HM that show why she has been the best person for the throne since 1953...
1. "It's all to do with the training: you can do a lot if you're properly trained."
2. "I have to be seen to be believed."
3. "These wretched babies don't come until they are ready."
4. "Football's a difficult business and aren't they prima donnas?"
5. From her 21st birthday speech: "I declare before you all that my whole life, whether it be long or short, shall be devoted to your service and to the service of our great Imperial Family to which we all belong."
Suggested For You
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements. Learn more