So a new royal life is about to enter the world - but what can Prince/Princess Yettobenamed learn from the lives of previous royal babies? Here are 12 essential lessons...
1. Corgis will be keeping an eye on you from birth.
2. You may quickly get bored of all the media attention.
3. Your parents may dress you like a girl, even if you're a boy. Just ask Prince Charles.
4. Alternatively, they will dress you like one of the Von Trapp children.
5. You may be upstaged by a younger sibling who will go on to compete in the Olympics.
6. But don't worry - you can in turn upstage a younger sibling with your superior waving skills.
7. Your christening gown will be the most enormous piece of clothing you will ever wear.
8. Those things pointing at you are paparazzi cameras. You will get used to them.
9. That said, it may take you a while to work out where those cameras are.
10. From a young age, you will be diverted by non-serious pursuits, such as rattles, diamond shopping and foxhunting.
11. Holidays will involve picnics in the grounds of your small country house.
12. You will mainly be looked after by other people.
MORE ROYAL BABY-TASTICNESS: