A majority of Liberal Democrats support the wearing of the veil in public when it comes to Nick Clegg, a new survey shows.
The poll of Lib Dem members at their party conference found that 90% wanted Clegg to cover up, saying that it wasn't "appropriate" for him to be recognisable as their leader.
"It might also stop him putting his foot in his mouth," one told HuffPost UK Comedy.
While some Lib Dems say that they are "instinctively uneasy" about restricting Clegg's political freedom and do not support a full ban on 'the silly burqa', others say that covering up with a veil doesn't go far enough.
"You can still see his eyes," explained one. "And they're very shifty."
- Royal Mail Issues New 'While You Were Out' Cards
- PICTURE: David Cameron Updates His Facebook Status
- LATEST: Tory Rebels Vote To Attack David Cameron
- Revealed: David Cameron's 'Go To War' Checklist
- Jamie Oliver's New Book Unveiled
- PICTURE: The Government's Badger Cull Tactics
- Female Pop Star Causes Outrage With Racy On-Stage Antics
- PICS: David Cameron Flaunts His Beach Body
- PIC: Labour Responds To Cameron's Topless Beach Photos
- Fall In Number Of People Comparing GCSEs To O-Levels
- Guardian Files 'Just Articles About Middle-Class Problems'
- PIC: London Underground's Warning About One Direction Premiere
- PICS: Morgan Spurlock Fans Gather In Leicester Square
Also on HuffPost:
I'm really sad
I'm really, really sad
Can someone cheer me up?
I feel sad when I wear headphones
No, nothing seems to help
I feel sad when I look down
I feel sad when I look up
I feel sad when I measure things with my hands
The lion and unicorn make me sad
I feel sad in crowds
Europe = sadness