Angela Merkel is celebrating an historic victory in the German election, after winning yet another four years of being compared to Margaret Thatcher.
"It's a stunning achievement," said one commentator. "No other politician has been compared to Thatcher as much as Merkel."
"We never doubted that she would stop being compared to Maggie," another told us. "And now this victory proves that she is unbeatable on this front."
Claims that Merkel is only compared to Thatcher because she is a powerful political woman have been dismissed by some.
"It's not just because she's female," said one supporter. "It's also because she's a rabid right-winger."
The Independent: Angela Merkel: The German leader set to eclipse Margaret Thatcher
The Huffington Post: Angela Merkel And Margaret Thatcher - How Do They Compare?
- LOOK: Apple's New iOS 7 Terms & Conditions
- Can You Spot The Non-White Face On The Ukip Brochure?
- PICS: Simon McCoy Not First Person To Confuse Paper With iPad
- Latest Government Game: Grand Theft Osbo
- Relationship Nobody Thought Would Last Doesn't Last
- Government Proposes New Jail Sentences
- That Leaked Email To Lib Dem MPs
- Calls For Nick Clegg To Wear The Veil In Public
- Royal Mail Issues New 'While You Were Out' Cards
- David Cameron Updates His Facebook Status
- LATEST: Tory Rebels Vote To Attack David Cameron
- Revealed: David Cameron's 'Go To War' Checklist
- Jamie Oliver's New Book Unveiled
- Government's Badger Cull Tactics Revealed
- Female Pop Star Causes Outrage With Racy On-Stage Antics
- PICS: David Cameron Flaunts His Beach Body