Scientists warned today that if the present rate of charitable renaming continues, no one will know the real names of the calendar months by the year 2050.
"The trend began with Movember and was followed by Stoptober," one boffin told HuffPost UK Comedy. "Young people will grow up having no idea that these months are actually November and October.
"If this continues, it will take less than 40 years for all English-speaking Westerners to have forgotten what the original names of the months were."
Some are also warning that the popular old rhyme for remembering how many days there are in each month will also change as a result. "Thirty pounds I donated in September/April, June and Movember" being one such modern take.
- Terrifying Tory Halloween Costumes
- Latest Odds On Beckham's Miami Team Name
- PICTURES: Tory Halloween Costumes
- LOOK: Inside Sir Alex Ferguson's Autobiography
- Royal Christening: The Order Of Service
- Kanye West Proposes To Himself
- 'The Great British Bake Off' Wins Best Soap Opera Award
- 40% Of Supermarket Customers Are Wasted, Study Finds
- Tabloids Snap Back Into Shape Just Three Months After The Duchess Of Cambridge Gives Birth
- Energy Prices: Brits Urged To Change Their Government Provider
- Astronauts Complain Over Roy Hodgson's 'Offensive' Joke
- Osborne's Trade Agreements With China: The Full Details
- WATCH: The Sochi Winter Olympics Song
Also on HuffPost:
Jonathan Rhys Meyers
Johnny Lee Miller
Samuel L Jackson
Cuba Gooding Jnr
Borat (Sacha Baron Cohen)
Rylan Clark (The X Factor)