As a first-born child who has an oldest child, this brilliant list left me nodding so hard my head smacked into my laptop keyboard.
It's been put together by parents who follow the Huffington Post which asked them: "What differentiates first-borns from their younger siblings?"
The question arose because of recent research from Duke University and Washington University in St. Louis which suggested first-born children are smarter than their younger brothers and sisters because their parents demand more from them. Hmmm!
So what's the truth about first-born children? Here are 28 signs you're dealing with an oldest child.
1. She's smarter than you. At age 10.
2. He corrects you when you make a mistake.
3. You keep catching her sounding like a mini-adult.
4. At age 5, he's telling you how to parent your toddler.
5. Because obviously, you have no idea what you're doing.
6. Two words: Passive Aggressive.
7. He drinks tea in the morning and milk before bed, just like a 70-year-old.
8. The what's mine is mine, what's yours is mine philosophy.
9. She definitely wishes she were an only child again.
10. He is entitled to everything.
11. She isn't upset that you love the baby, but thinks the baby should love her MORE than you.
12. He tells his younger siblings not to make a mess.
13. Her heart swells with pride at her siblings' accomplishments.
14. In Charge is his natural state of being....
15. ...second only to Knowing Everything About Anything.
16. After you finish ranting,