The chat show host told The Sun of how the ITV show had become "all about Joey" in the camp, and that he has been receiving special treatment from producers.
“We’ve had three weeks of ‘all about Joey’, which gets quite boring. Every question I was asked was about Joey. If it was ‘How was your dinner?’ the next question was ‘How was Joey’s dinner?’," Matthew said.
“You could see he was being given special treatment. We were only allowed a few towels, but he had as many as he liked. He seemed to be able to ask for them from producers whenever he felt like it and they just dealt them out.”
Matthew added that he thought the odds were tipped in the 'TOWIE' star's favour because ITV want to "cash in on the home-grown talent".
He is now supporting Westlife singer Kian to become King of the Jungle.
“I felt sorry for Kian. It feels like Joey is pre-destined to be a finalist, whereas Kian has to fight his way there. Ultimately, I think that everybody would benefit from Kian as the winner."
Matthew also revealed to 'This Morning' that he had therapy to overcome his fear of bugs before entering the jungle.
He told hosts Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield: "I spent three weeks before I went into the jungle having phobia therapy with a psychiatrist because my phobias were so great and I was on the verge of pulling out because I didn't want to do a Helen Flanagan and let everyone down because I didn't think I could actually endure the challenges.
"But after three weeks, two hours a day talking with this guy, I knew that I could handle a spider - I had handled British spiders - but when I got there I didn't actually know if talking to a bloke two hours a day for three weeks was going to be enough to get me through, and so I had a panic attack."
1. Helen Flanagan Queen of the jungle wimps has to go to Helen Flanagan who refused to even start some trials, no matter how hard Ant and Dec tried to convince her otherwise. Nice try, chaps.
Even all of that healthy eating couldn't stop Gillian McKeith from the most over the top fainting episode ever seen on live telly after she was chosen yet again to take part in the Bushtucker Trial in 2010.
2. Natalie Appleton Former All Saints star Natalie Appleton who was scared of EVERYTHING (even um, trees). Fast forward to the 4min 57sec point of the video to see her in all her (hilarious) glory.
4. Sinitta Sinitta had to play a game of (solo) pass the parcel during a live trial on the eleventh series. Well, we say solo, there were a few surprises underneath each layer. Cue Sinitta jumping around the camp like a crazy kangaroo.
5. Dean Gaffney Former 'EastEnder' Dean Gaffney hyperventialted his way through one particularly slimy Bushtucker Trial in 2006. Comedy gold.
6. Jan Leeming After being voted to do yet another Bushtucker Trial in 2006, former newsreader Jan Leeming asked; 'WHY do they keep voting for me? It's like poking a bear in a cage. Is it going to make good TV watching Jan Leeming break down and cry?'. Errrrm, that'll be a 'yes', Jan (fast forward to the 6min 40 second point on the video).
7. Paul Burrell More TV gold was created when Princess Diana's former butler Paul Burrell took part in the Hell Hole challenge in 2004. Unfortunately all traces of the video of him shreaking and squealing like a teenage girl appear to have mysteriously disappeared, but we still think this pic does the job nicely.
MORE 'I'M A CELEBRITY'