A serving British soldier has been charged with trying to smuggle 11lb (5kg) of cocaine through Heathrow Airport.
Private Daryl Archer, 26, based at the Colchester barracks in Essex, was arrested at Terminal One as he arrived back from Brazil.
TOP STORIES TODAY
- DWP admits thousands of people due refund over 'bedroom tax' shambles
- Channel 4 'showed life of crime, not benefits' MP says
- McDonalds sued for coffee burns.. 20 years after landmark case
- 'I should own the NYT, I'm good at working with Jews' says Chinese tycoon
- Satanic nurse posed next to dead patients
The soldier, who is with 13 Air Assault Support Regiment Royal Logistic Corps, was arrested on Wednesday.
He is due to appear at Isleworth Court in Greater London later this month.
A single charge of attempting to import the class A drug into the country has been made against him.
Archer is due to appear at Isleworth Crown Court in Greater London later this month and he was remanded in custody until the next hearing.