As well as killing, burning, maiming and generally causing you massive pain, getting an electric shock can also do this...
This is what happened to a not-too-careful 42-year-old male electrician after he got a 14,000 volt electric shock to his left shoulder.
After experiencing decreasing vision in the following four weeks he went to a clinic and caught the attention of researchers Bobby Korn and Don Kikkawa.
The cataracts were removed but unfortunately the chap in question developed a "retinal detachment".
Although the patient was legally blind, he was able to read with the use of low-vision aids and was able to independently commute on public transportation.
Be careful around electricity...Suggest a correction