Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
For the pancakes:
125 g plain flour
1 vanilla pod, split in half
2 large eggs
200 ml whole milk
15g butter, melted plus extra for cooking
For the apple topping:
150 ml orange juice from 3-4 oranges
grated zest of 1 lemon and 1 orange
3 tbsp caster sugar
3 cardamom pods, crushed
30 g butter, melted
2 apples, cored, thickly sliced and then cut in half
What to do:
1. Put the flour and vanilla seeds into a bowl and add the eggs. Gradually whisk in the milk and butter until you get a smooth batter.
2. Heat a large frying pan and brush with the melted butter for cooking, pour in a ladle of the mixture, swirl the pan to make a thin large pancake and cook for 1-2 minutes, turning halfway until golden and cooked.
3. Fold into quarters, transfer to a warm plate and keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter to make four large or eight small pancakes in total.
4. For the apple sauce, put the orange juice, lemon and orange zest, sugar and cardamom pods into the frying pan and bring to the boil. Then gradually stir in the melted butter, stirring until combined.
5. Add the apples and pancakes and gently warm through, tossing in the sauce. Serve immediately.
Thanks to Pinkladyapples.co.uk
More pancake recipes:
Simple pancakes to make with your kids
Strawberry, almond and caramel pancakes