Ellen Degeneres was having a good night anyway, hosting this year's Oscars, but the moment she nailed it was when she managed to persuade the A-list guests in the first two rows into a selfie... which, within two hours, had become the most re-tweeted image EVER.
It was shortly after Ellen had handed out pizza to the likes of Meryl Streep, Leonardo DiCaprio and Brad Pitt that she suddenly decided, on the spur of the moment - perhaps - to take a picture. First it was Meryl, then Brad, then Jennifer Lawrence, then Channing Tatum, Julia Roberts, Angelina Jolie and even Kevin Spacey bobbing around at the back joining in.
Jared Leto's left eye got into shot, and it was Bradley Cooper at the front who was charged with taking the shot.
Who is that young man on the right, you may ask? Well, that was actually Oscar winner Lupita Lyong'o's well-placed brother, who happened to be sitting in the right place at the right time, to join in on what has become a history-making shot. No wonder he's grinning.
— Ellen DeGeneres (@TheEllenShow) March 3, 2014
By 4am, less than hour after the snap, retweets had reached nearly a million and a half, making it officially the most retweeted image ever, beating Barack and Michelle Obama's snap of their embrace after their reelection.
- Oscars 2014: Red Carpet Pictures
- Oscars 2014: Best And Worst Dressed Red Carpet Stars
- Oscars 2014: Winners List And All The Nominees
- Oscars 2014: Most Cringeworthy Acceptance Speeches Ever
- Oscars 2014: Worst Dressed Red Carpet Stars Ever
- Oscars 2014: The Academy Awards' Most Memorable Moments Ever
- Oscars 2014: The Academy Awards By Numbers