A new poll reveals compliments are better at boosting a woman's happiness than chocolate, sex or shopping.
Hmm. I don't know about you but when my husband says "you look nice today", I'm immediately suspicious. So, in the run-up to Mother's Day, what makes a mum happy?
For the benefit of every other half out there, here's my Top 25 Ways To A Mum's Heart...
1. When your bloke takes the kids out for lunch on a Saturday so you get a couple of hours to yourself. But a glory run to Pizza Hut will not do. If he makes sure they get some veg down them - so you have one mealtime off the relentless begging process to eat their greens - then that's enough to bring a smile to your face.
2. Making mad passionate morning love - and making the bed afterwards.
3. For him to do the lunch boxes, wait in for the repair man and Hoover the stairs - without being asked.
4. Not to make fake choking noises when you've been to the loo. Also not to announce "I'd leave it for 10 minutes" after he's been to the loo.
5. To take all that stuff to the tip before the kids discover you're chucking out your son's broken scooter and your daughter's ancient trike.
6. Giving flowers without an accompanying moan over how expensive they were.
7. Being given chocolates without being told they were on special.
8. To assume, just once, that you will go into work and he will stay at home to look after a poorly child.
9. Control of the remote for an entire evening. Minus a running critical commentary of "what a load of rubbish". Plus a 50-50 split on the Sky Plus memory rather than being reprimanded when that period drama takes up 1VIRTUAL-Gallery-127076%