These easy to make cupcakes look seriously impressive. The delicious recipe has been created by Paul Young to help support the Children with Cancer UK Bake Club.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutesMakes: 12
175g / 6oz butter
175g / 6oz golden caster sugar
150g / 5oz self-raising flour
80g/ 2oz white chocolate, melted
One tbsp red gel colouring or 40ml of red food colouring
For the icing:
150g / 5oz butter
200g cream cheese
150g / 5oz icing sugar
1. Heat the oven to 180C / 350F / Gas 4.
2. Put 12 cupcake cases into the muffin tin. Set aside. In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until light in colour and fluffy. You can use an electric mixer or a wooden spoon.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs with a fork and then beat them into the butter and sugar mixture, a little at a time. If it looks like it might curdle add a tablespoon of flour.
4. Sift flour into mixture and fold in. Stir in the melted chocolate and food colouring. Scoop into muffin cases and bake in the pre-heated oven for 20 minutes.
5. Frost the cupcakes and decorate as desired.