These easy to make cupcakes look seriously impressive. The delicious recipe has been created by Paul Young to help support the Children with Cancer UK Bake Club.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
175g / 6oz butter
175g / 6oz golden caster sugar
150g / 5oz self-raising flour
80g/ 2oz white chocolate, melted
One tbsp red gel colouring or 40ml of red food colouring
For the icing:
150g / 5oz butter
200g cream cheese
150g / 5oz icing sugar
1. Heat the oven to 180C / 350F / Gas 4.
2. Put 12 cupcake cases into the muffin tin. Set aside. In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until light in colour and fluffy. You can use an electric mixer or a wooden spoon.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs with a fork and then beat them into the butter and sugar mixture, a little at a time. If it looks like it might curdle add a tablespoon of flour.
4. Sift flour into mixture and fold in. Stir in the melted chocolate and food colouring. Scoop into muffin cases and bake in the pre-heated oven for 20 minutes.
5. Frost the cupcakes and decorate as desired.
Suggested For You
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements.Learn more