One of the most absorbing top-flight seasons will come to an end this Sunday afternoon on what should be an anti-climactic note. The destination of the Premier League should be Manchester, the final relegated team should be Norwich City and Arsenal have secured their fourth-placed trophy again. Even the final Europa League berth is all but Tottenham Hotspur's.
However, strange things happen. Like on the last matchday in 2009-10, as Chelsea and Manchester United vied for the title, with the Blues just a point ahead of the Reds. Wigan travelled to Stamford Bridge. Could there be a shock? Yes, they were beaten a mere 8-0.
City should recapture the Premier League title on Sunday
Anyway, here is what could happen on Sunday...
PREMIER LEAGUE TITLE RACE
- If Manchester City beat West Ham United they are champions.
- If Manchester City lose against West Ham United and Liverpool beat Newcastle, Liverpool are champions.
- If Manchester City draw against West Ham United, Liverpool must beat Newcastle 14-0 to win their first title since 1990.
- West Brom need just a point against Stoke to ensure the most miraculous escape since Houdini does not happen at Norwich.
- Norwich must beat Arsenal and hope Stoke win at West Brom, via a 17-goal swing.
- If Tottenham beat or draw against Aston Villa at home, they will finish sixth.
- If Manchester United win at Southampton and Villa win at Spurs, United will enter the Europa League.
WHERE CAN THE TEAMS FINISH?