Like any good red carpet event, you can truly get under the skin of what it's like to be there through one medium: Instagram.
And the BAFTA Television Awards 2014 were no different, with selfies galore being posted from the red carpet, actual ceremony and celebrities' houses before the awards.
So what have we learned from the Instagramming of the event? These five things:
1. Even celebs drink wine in the loo while getting ready.
2. If you're a model, your selfies are flawless. Fact.
3. Back-of-cab selfies are more fun when you've got a girlfriend there to pose with.
4. A good dress must always, ALWAYS be shared.
5. Andy Jordan, of Made In Chelsea fame, was bizarrely invited to the BAFTAs. What next, people, what next...
BAFTA Television Awards 2014: See All The Red Carpet Fashion
BAFTA Television Awards 2014: Full List Of Winners